Section 1 – What Information Do We Collect?
We may obtain personal data about you from various sources. You may provide personal data to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site or in our store(s) / depot(s) or via our social media pages. The types of personal data you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone numbers)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Shipping and billing information (such as a delivery address, and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Your skin type/skin condition
- Contact information for friends, family or other people you would like us to send a message to on your behalf.
- Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media networks (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by us for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Orobaa website.
Section 2 – What Do We Do With Your Information?
Orobaa primarily collects and uses your personal information to operate the website and deliver the services you collected.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, your consent to our collecting and using it for that specific reason only is implied.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will either ask you directly for your express consent, or provide you with an opportunity to decline. We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may use the information you provide:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect.
- Provide the products or services you have requested and operate features on our site.
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your [online and in-store] purchase history.
- Assist with product selection and replenishment
- Chat with you or respond to your enquiries.
- Post your product reviews.
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us.
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers.
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages or mobile applications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
Section 3 – Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. We will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
- It is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- We have obtained your consent; or if
- We have a legitimate interest to do so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, and internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims, and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Section 4 – Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by Orobaa will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. Orobaa uses Payfast whose website is https://www.payfast.co.za/
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Section 5 – Security
Your personal information is stored on computer servers that are located in access-controlled environments. When Orobaa transmits sensitive personal information (such as Credit Card information) over the Internet, our service provider protects the information through the use of encryption. The processing of your Credit Card and personal information for payment purposes is outsourced by Orobaa to a third party, who specialises in processing payments securely. That third party is contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of your personal and Credit Card information. They are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Section 6 – Cookies
A cookie is a piece of information stored by your Internet browser on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can contain your name, details of the Products you previously bought on our website as well as your payment information in an encrypted format. That information can be used to recognise you as a customer when you next visit our website to speed up your identification process your orders faster. The website makes use of “cookies” to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access to and disclosure of your personal information. Most computers should provide you with the ability to prevent the website from accessing this information by disabling your cookies in your Internet browser options. If you choose to decline cookies you may not be able to fully experience all the features of our website.
Section 7 – Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com.